Last week we brought you some recipes to elevate your BBQ to the next level. This week, we have some suggestions for tasty libations. The University District is home to some fantastic bartenders. So here are some drinks based on each of our favorite spirits, from some of our favorite localicious neighborhood bars.
Note: Most of these recipes don’t list measurements for each ingredient. In general, start with 1.5oz of the alcohol involved, and distribute the rest to taste. You’ll probably just need a dash of things like bitters, peppers and lime juice, and a little more soda or other fillers. Most of these are meant to be served in a cocktail or martini glass, which only hold 5 – 6 oz total.
- Mamma Melina: Purple Rain – Cherry Vodka, Lime, Blue Curacao, Cranberry Juice
- Lucid: Foreplay – Hibiscus Vodka, Peach Liqueur, Dicul Bitters
- Piatti: Moonburn Margarita – Tequila, Triple sec, Blood Orange, Lemon, Lime, Rocks
- Boom Noodle: Kasai Margarita – Tequila, Muddled Watermelon, Habanero extract, Fresh Lime, Salted rim
- Lucid: Seattle Smog – Gin, Peaty/Smoky Scotch (such as Ardberg)
- Joey at U-Village: Elderflower Collins – Gordon’s Gin, Elderflower, Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit
Whiskey / Brandy:
- Elemental Pizza: Apple Jack Sidecar – Applejack Brandy, Triple Sec, Limoncello
- Pair: Ginger Whiskey Sour – Bourbon, Lemon, Ginger Syrup
- UW Club: Kawasaki Kabuki – Shimizu No Mai Sake, Muddled Lemon, Triple Sec, Lime Juice, Lemon Twist
- Boom Noodle: Orange Sake Martini – Nigori Sake, Lemon Juice, Triple Sec, Fresh Orange
Share your favorite homemade cocktail recipes with us in the comments below.